CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

May 1, 2008

Scrapbooking My Girls Room ....

Alrighty you COLOUR FREAKS out there! Let me have it ... I want to know YOUR ideas and thoughts of me painting & decorating my girls bedroom. They will be 2 and 4 years old in July.

Now I can't show you a pic of the room for sizes, as it's our very first home we just bought and settlement isn't until 7th July! So in the 2 months I have of anxiously waiting for that glorious time to come I'm getting the paint buckets, canvas boards and furniture ready!

Here is my problem ... I want to paint it pink, DD1 wants it green and DD2 doesn't care cause she is not even 2 yet and the Man doesn't have a say, this is mumma's project!!

Living in Australia, we don't have a Pottery Barn and if we did ohhh me oh my would there be trouble ! Anywho here are some pic's I borrowed haa off the PB Kids site...


Now they are having white bunks - The Man is just finishing painting them and then will make it all work in his little carpenter world ... They have a white set of draws and white 3 shelf book case. Here are their dooner covers, and I guess I'm going off the covers cause I love them ...


So tell me people ... what should happen! From the curtains to the floor (which are a very light cream/white colour heaven help it) One girl has green sheets the other pink ... I was thinking maybe an aqua room with some designed to match on canvases!??

I'm just so darn BLOOMING indecisive and thought it might be fun if we looked at this as scrapbooking my girls room! what ya think ladies?

Post a comment ... E-mail (melanynauta@hotmail.com)! Iv'e decided to have a COOL RAK as a give away for who ever comes up with the FUNKIEST idea and who's idea I go through with will GET IT!

Keep in touch sistah's

8 comments:

Sals said...

well you know that I love the whole pink and aqua thingy...haaaa Layne didn't get a choice..that's just what she got!!!! I think you could totally go aqua and pink with some of the green...basically you could use all the colours in the bedsheets...choose one colour for the walls...then another for canvas background etc...the canvas I did for you is the pink and green so you could still put that on the aqua wall etc...I say go for it!! it's just paint...haaa paint over it if you hate it!!! oh and make sure you put all the furniture/and stuff in the room before you decide you hate the room colour...cause sometimes it works when you think it's not gonna! Plus I think you have a HUGE!! and I mean HUGE cork board or canvas board that Rylie can pin all her own groovy scrapbooking up on...!
ps because I'm flaky and you're not my idol anymore...you're still the funkiest person I know so I think you can be my diva....oh and you need to put a HOT pink streak in your hair just so that you will also 'match' when you walk into their room...:)

Kimberly Scott said...

I just made a memo board that matches this exactly! its on my blog:)

My vote is the aqua but on a neutral level...ive designed rooms before and aqua can be too much if there's not a brown undertone:) love the beds, love the bedding...be sure to add some natural elements like wicker baskets on a shelf to break up the vibrant color:) good luck missy!

Sals said...

ok Mel just wanted me to add to my comment above that 'i'm her sister and i'm allowed to say stuff like that'...so in other words she doesn't think anyone else is allowed to...but you are totally...but because I'm her sister I'm saying GO FOR IT!!!...please tell her to put the pink streak in... oh and
Kim brimall - I LOVE your memo board...was telling mel about this afternoon!! how funny is that!

Wyborn Family said...

Hey Mel

I would go the aqua colour - i agree with Sal. You could pretty much use any colour from the bedding. Like Sal said, put the furniture in it and have a look. If you still aren't too sure, leave it a few weeks to make a decision. I remember when Will was painting our room, I wasn't really sure if I liked it, but after having all the furniture, bedding and curtains in the room made a big difference. I love it. Happy painting - isn't it exciting?!!

Anonymous said...

The link will take you to a designers studio. I thought the walls were soo cute for a little girls room.

http://www.unitednotions.com/fcc_full-moon-forest.pdf

Kathryn said...

I emailed you Mel

Kathryn said...

Just realised what I sent you as pics, did not show up as a complete pic, here is the link
http://mariesmanor.hotusa.org/Garden/ThemedBedroomsPage2.html I like the green on this one, right hand side of the page. But this link I like the blue walls on the bedroon on the right, so cutesy. There is a yellow on this one as well but I am not as keen on that one. http://mariesmanor.hotusa.org/Garden/ThemedBedroomsPage1.html

Enjoy!!

Anonymous said...

..WASSUP BOO...I think whatever you do is going to be hot..and have done is hot, how you been love, yah yah I know I know Ibeen ghost hahahaha..girl I been BUSY and just tired of certaint things. So what is going on and what did you do this weekend, you got plans for Mother's Day?